Monday, December 5, 2011

Wedding Cake Tutorial


Hello... Wah I haven't been updating this journal since weeks ago!

OH well, I haven't manage to try new recipes that's why this blog has been abandoned for quite some time.

I'm just here to bookmark a few wedding cake tutorial. I'm going to make a perhaps 2 tier wedding cake for my dear friend's wedding this January. Her wedding will be held in Terengganu, and I am thinking how on earth am I going to bring my cake to Terengganu. First thought was to bring all the stuffs and bake them there, but I am afraid with the unfamiliarity with the oven which might cause failures whilst baking, I thought of bringing the readily baked cakes, wrap them up in cling wraps and aluminium foil and will proceed with the frosting in Terengganu.

The problem is, I thought of wanting to go there by airplane.. but how am I going to bring the layers of cake in flight? I've called the customer care today and they said we can't bring cake into the cabin. If I were to check in the cakes, they might be damaged, because of course they will just toss our bags here and there. Or can I just put them in my hand luggage? Aish... or should I just go there by bus? The company suggested me to use their cargo service. Aiyark. Of course it will be costly. But nevermind, I might going to try call them and ask what's the price for their cargo. Ah, but I still want to try to bring them by airplane... Thought of getting a cute cake box like those I saw in Robinsons/Isetan and wrap them in bubblewrap bla bla.. haha.

Anyway, useful videos here.


No comments:

Post a Comment